Each Summer the CYO rallies children and families together from all counties to travel to the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to compete in the Track & Field Team Championships. the top 6 qualifiers from the County Championships are eligible to travel. Any Team CYONY alumni are automatically eligible to return with the team. This is an opportunity for our CYO athletes to experience strong competion built around a fun family trip to Disney World. Over the years, Team CYONY has had great success. Just this past summer we had team members set new meet records and qualify to attend the Junior Olympics.
The Track and Field Club Championships will be held the week of July 12th - 16th, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida. Of course, no one is obligated to go to the Florida meet. Deadlines for registration and room reservations can be found below. Please note that every child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, no exceptions.
Click here to read about the team trip from 2013
- To view information regarding the AAU Track and Field Club Championships you can go to their website at http://aauathletics.org
- The CYO will make all arrangements to enter athletes in their events. CYO officials will be on site in Florida to coordinate our athletes’ events and practice sessions. No athlete will be entered in a multi-event (pentathlon, etc.). Free time will be available.
- The expenses are the responsibility of the athlete and his/her family.
- Qualifying For Team CYONY: the top 6 qualifiers from each county are eligible to join Team CYONY at Disney World. Any Team CYONY Alumni are also eligible to return to Florida with the team. Please be aware that if you qualify and decide to participate in the AAU Track and Field Club Championships, you will be contacted in early June regarding team practices. Athletes are expected to attend practices in order to be prepared for the Florida Meet.
The CYO will charge a per/athlete Fee of $150. Here is a list of what the fee covers:
- AAU Membership Fee
- Event Entry Fee (Club and Jr Olympics* if qualified)
- Team CYONY Track Uniform for athlete.
- Team CYONY T-shirts for all family members traveling to FL.
- Facility Fee (s) for Team CYONY practices leading up to championship.
- Team Management and coordination in Florida
INFORMATION MEETING DATES & LOCATIONS
Westchester, Bronx/Manhattan Meeting
Date: Wednesday June 1st, 2016 (Confirmed)
Location: Mount St Michael Academy
Cafeteria adjacent to gymnasium
4300 Murdock Avenue
Bronx, NY 10466
Staten Island Meeting
Date: - Monday, June 6, 2016
Location: CYO - MIV Center
6451 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10312
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
Tentative Checklist Deadlines
- May 25th, 2016 Contact Seth Peloso (212-371-1000,
) expressing your interest to join Team CYONY in Florida.
- 25th or June 6th 2016 Attend the Informational Meeting more convenient for you in Westchester or Staten Island.
- June 15th, 2016 confirm “YES or NO” you will attend the Club Championship meet. Please respond even if you cannot attend so alternates can be contacted.
- Make your hotel accommodations and travel arrangements.
|For your convenience, there are two options to get you started with your accommodations. Please note that the Caribbean Beach Resort will serve as the CYO Headquarters for TEAM CYONY. Don't wait, these hotels fill up fast.
Disney Sports Travel (for Disney Properties)
- Caribbean Beach Resort Rate: $127 * this will be the team headquarters and site of team meeting. View Hotel Here
- Pop-Century Rate: $92 View Hotel Here
Call: Disney Sports Travel Operating Hours Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST Saturday – Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Office Number: (407) 939-7810
Use Team Code: "CYONY"
Anthony Travel (Non-Disney Properties near track complex)
Call 800-736-6377 at Anthony Travel (office). You can speak to any representative.
- Book your Flight Reservations
- June 15th 2016 Deadline submission of checks/money orders/creditcard payment made out to CYO for $150.
- June 15th CYO will start practice sessions for Team CYONY.Locations: Staten Island, Bronx/Westchester and possibly Manhattan depending on entries.
- June 15th CYO will begin registration for Team CYONY. A copy of the athlete’s birth certificate must be in our hands before this date. You may also upload the Birth Certificate during the online registration process.
- July 9 - 10 Weekend of travel to Florida
- July 11 First team meeting at Caribbean Beach Resort 8:00pm for athletes starting competition on Tuesday
- July 12 Second team meeting at Caribbean Beach Resort 8:00pm for athletes starting competition on Wednesday
- July 16 Last possible day of competition
Scan and email a clear copy to
or mail a clear copy to:
Catholic Youth Organization
Attn: Seth Peloso
1011 First Avenue, 6th FL
New York, NY 10022
Important: Please Mail, fax or scan and email the following items:
- Copy of the athlete’s birth certificate
- Copy of Flight Itinerary
- Copy of Hotel Accommodations
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to book with Disney Sports Travel or Anthony Travel?
No you do not, you are welcome to make your own arrangements.
When should I plan to arrive in Florida?
The day before you compete. Tuesday, July 12th, 2016 will be the first possible day of competition for our athletes. Some athletes will start on Wednesday.
We will hold a Team Meeting at the Caribbean Beach Resort on Monday, July 11 at 8:00pm for those athletes competing on Tuesday and a second meeting on Tuesday, July 12 at 8:00pm for athletes starting the competition on Wednesday. At this meeting we hand out the team uniforms, t-shirts for the family, and review the event schedule.
Arriving Monday would play it safe. Plus you can have a day to enjoy Disney if you don’t start competing until Thursday.
How long should I book my stay?
It depends on if your child qualifies for final competitions, which are held on Saturday and Sunday. The top 8 advance to the finals. Last year we had 13 finalists.
Is there a schedule available?
Yes, The Draft DISNEY Meet Schedule can be viewed here.
DRAFT SCHEDULE AVAILABLE HERE
When Do I need to make a commitment by?
If you would like to attend a meeting and learn more before you make the commitment, we would need to know by Wednesday. June 15th.
Will the team Practice?
Yes, a practice schedule will be set for locations in Westchester/Bronx and in Staten Island for the month of June.
|Bronx & Westchester Practice Schedule
|Date & Time
- Monday, June 20 5:00 pm
- Friday, June 24 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 29 5:00 pm
- Thursday, June 30 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 5 5:00 pm
Thursday, July 7 5:00 pm
|Mount St Michael Academy
(click on link for directions)
|Staten Island Practice Schedule
|Date & Time
- Friday, June 17 5:00 pm
- Thursday, June 23 5:00 pm
- Monday, June 27 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 28 3:00 pm
- Friday, July 1 10:00 am
- Tuesday, July 5 10:00 am
Friday, July 8 10:00 am
(click on link for directions)